ExpressJS – Express is lightweight web application framework that provides many helpful components and modules that are used to build web applications in Node. It provides a number of robust features for building single and multi-page web application. Express is inspired by the popular Ruby framework, Sinatra.
Tools used to develop MEAN stack
Some of the tools that are used for development with the MEAN Stack are:
- NPM which is a node package manager that helps install node modules on a per project basis or globally.
Why MEAN stack
Second, it supports strong design patterns (in particular, MVC or Model/View/Controller) to help guide your architecture. And of course the components of MEAN are all open-source projects, which means the stack is free to use, regularly updating, and very flexible to both use and customize to your needs.
These are some of the advantages of a MEAN stack:
- Single language is used in the whole application
- Support for the MVC pattern
- JSON is used for transferring data
- Node.js’s huge module library
- Open source so you can tweak it to your preferences if you’re an experienced user.